See More Jobs From Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Location: New Orleans , Louisiana, South United States, USA
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Open Til: 06-Apr-14
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Fleet & Live-On Deckhand - New Orleans, LAAmerican River Transportation Company (ARTCO)This is a full-time, non-exempt level position.Job Duties:
1. Duties are general upkeep of vessel (washing, chipping, painting, cleaning)
2. Tow work (handling rigging/building tow for Lineboats)
3. Fleet work (preparing barges for delivery local customers)
4. Assisting barge cleaners, mechanics and welders may also be required
1. Experience preferred but not required
2. Ability to work safely, exercise initiative and good judgment
3. Reading & writing skills sufficient to comprehend/complete a variety of documents
4. Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the vessel
5. Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
1. Must be able to handle rigging (up to 75 lbs), pump and shingle barges, learn barge terminology and communications skills, learn emergency procedures
2. Must be able to work in all types of climate changes
Fleet Deckhands work 10 days on (5 12-hour daytime shifts then 5 12-hour nighttime shifts), 5 days off Live-On Deckhands work 14 days on, 7 days off Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.