See More Jobs From Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Location: Valdosta , Georgia, South United States, USA
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Open Til: 24-May-14
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 270 processing plants, 420 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com. Maintenance - Valdosta, GAThis is a full-time, hourly position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone’s responsibility.
· Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
· Maintains awareness and adheres to all GMP, HACCP, PSM, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
· Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally, reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
· Active participation in safety programs and safety duties as required.
· Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by complying with all department and plant safety policies regarding the use of hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair and beard nets, and other personal protective equipment.
· Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation with other department operators and management in order to achieve efficient production processes in all areas.
· Work for long periods of time in all weather and work conditions.
· Ability to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
· Must be able to read/write/speak English clearly.
· Must be able to do basic arithmetic.
· Must be able to communicate with other employees in a clear and professional manner.
· Education: minimum of HS Diploma or GED.
· Work in industrial maintenance required, 5 years +, which includes pump repairs, equipment calibration, air actuated equipment, and solenoids.
· Basic electrical skills, including, but not limited to, wiring, 3-phase systems, 120/480 volt equipment, troubleshooting, MCC equipment, reading wiring diagrams.
· Industrial safety experience required, including, but not limited to, Lockout/Tagout, PSM, Confined Space, Hot Work, etc.
· Position requires basic computer skills, i.e. use of “point and click” programs.
· Forklift/Industrial truck certification preferred.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Experience in food preparation, processing, packaging, or industrial setting preferred
· HVAC certification preferred.
· Ammonia Refrigeration experience preferred.
· Level II Electrical certification preferred.
· Instrumentation experience preferred (24V, 4-20 mA, PLCs).
· Sheet metal and steel fabrication.
· Code welding certified a plus.
· Pipe fabrication and welding for carbon steel, stainless steel, and alloy materials.
· Ability to read, understand construction drawings and blue prints
· Ability to customize existing fabrication work to meet the needs of the plant.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE ABLE TO:
· Lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to shoulder height on an occasional basis
· Push/pull 35 lbs. on an occasional basis.
· Stand, walk, or be on your feet for 8-12 hours
· Climb ladders, scaffolding, or stairs.
· Work at elevated heights
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM offers a complete benefit package, including health, life and dental insurance, 401K/ESOP and pension. ADM requires the successful completion of a preemployment drug screen and a background check.ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.