See More Jobs From JBS Five Rivers Cattle Feeding LLC
Location: Hartley, Texas, South-West United States, USA
Company: JBS Five Rivers Cattle Feeding LLC
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Feed
Career Type: Transportation/Logistics
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
JOB TITLE: Feed Truck Driver
REPORTS TO: Feed Department Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Ag-exempt
FUNCTION: Transports and delivers finished feed to cattle daily by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates a feed truck to distribute a pre-determined quantity of feed to cattle daily; follows yard specific guidelines regarding accuracy, distribution and timeliness.
- Recognizes different feed rations.
- Corrects mistakes by shoveling over fed quantities back onto truck, notifying manager of misfeeds and cleaning up spills.
- Cleans bunks out according to yard specifications, including regular removal of mold, rocks, manure, etc.
- Minimizes truck downtime by performing truck servicing and inspection according to schedule.
- Maintains a clean truck by cleaning out trash, wiping out, and washing according to schedule.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
Expected to conserve organizational resources, demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and shovels feed on a regular basis. This position requires sitting for long periods while operating a motor vehicle.