See More Jobs From JBS Five Rivers Cattle Feeding LLC
Location: - ( Wellton, Arizona, South-West United States, USA)
Company: JBS Five Rivers Cattle Feeding LLC
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Livestock
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager Yard Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Manager Yard Maintenance
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
FUNCTION: Assists in directing and coordinating activities of workers engaged in farming, manure management, repair, maintenance, and installation of equipment, maintenance of buildings, grounds, and systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may
- Shares responsibility in management of non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements through communication with management and production personnel.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements for rolling stock including feedtrucks, tractors, and other heavy equipment and scheduling maintenance and repair.
- Coordinates utility repairs with appropriate service providers. Directs maintenance activities on water systems and tanks to provide continuous supply of drinking water to livestock.
- Maintains fencing and gates by repairing damage in a timely manner.
- Maintains roads, pens and alleys by filling in holes, controlling dust and removing accumulated manure.
- Sets a positive example for employees by modeling safe work practices and following safety rules and policies. Communicates critical safety information to employees by conducting regular safety training; monitors workplace for unsafe/noncompliant behavior.
- Manages department supplies inventory by researching costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies and approving orders.
- Assist in planning and supervising all yard construction, renovation and replacement projects.
- Participates in development of department capital and operating budgets; manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Undergraduate degree; or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Expected to coordinate projects, manage difficult or emotional employee situations, participate in meetings, understand
business implications of decisions, work within approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve
organizational resources, demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, adapts to changes in the work environment, exhibit
sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.