See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Ankeny, Iowa, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 25-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Germplasm, Discovery, and Data Analysis team. The Statistical Geneticist will have primary responsibilities for collaborating with researchers and other statisticians across our Breeding organization by identifying appropriate experimental designs, sample size requirements, and analysis methodologies to support the development of optimal research and discovery strategies.
This position offers the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art experimental techniques and analytical platforms to provide extensive opportunities for development of novel statistical methodologies or the creative application of existing methods.
? Develop large-scale data solutions for Monsanto#39;s global research programs.
? Manage and undertake large data analyses efforts and deliver high quality results for multiple projects to meet critical business deadlines.
? Prepare and present scientific analysis reports to researchers.
? Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and optimize Monsanto#39;s global research platforms.
? Improve existing statistical methods and develop new methods with respect to industry-wide standards which can impact freedom to operate.
? Develop, maintain, and document statistical code required for analysis, research and implementation of new statistical methodologies.
? Increase the level of statistical knowledge and appreciation throughout the company via statistical training, computer applications, technical articles, and white papers.
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, Plant or Animal Breeding or related field of study.
- Training and/or experience in multivariate statistics or related methods applied to high-dimensional biological or genomic data.
- Demonstrated computational skills using R, SAS, or related programming/statistical packages.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary workgroups or teams.
Other Desired skills:
- Proficient in exploring original data visualization and data mining approaches.
- Ability to communicate well and explain significance of research finding