See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 23-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join the Global Technology organization as a Weed Management Plant Physiologist. In this role, you will perform the full range of state of the art plant biochemistry and plant physiology assessment techniques for investigation of herbicide uptake barriers in targeted weed species. You will also be an integral part of a larger multi-disciplinary cross-functional research team dedicated to the development of crop productivity systems. The ability to make rapid progress against goals and tight timelines is a critical skill. In addition, being an excellent experimentalist as evidenced by publications in top journals is crucial, and skills beyond plant physiology such as molecular biology and plant biochemistry a requirement. Regular, effective communication of research results to the team and cross functional partners across Monsanto is also essential.
- Develop fundamental information on the in planta fate and action of weed control compounds using established and novel methods
- Independently design, execute and analyze in vitro, bioassay and whole plant experiments in the laboratory, greenhouse and field
- Provide insight and guidance on the development of novel approaches to improve performance of weed control systems
- Work effectively and safely in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- MS in Plant Physiology, Weed Science, Molecular Biology, Plant Biochemistry or related of study.
- 5+ years of relevant, plant focused research
- Knowledge of plant molecular biology and cell biology
- Experience with protein purification and cloning
- Ability to design and execute studies to identify and isolate in planta barriers to chemical efficacy
- Previous experience studying the update, translocation and metabolism of chemicals in plants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PhD in Plant Physiology, Weed Science, Molecular Biology, Plant Biochemistry or related of study.
- Experience/knowledge of weed science and/or weed physiology