See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 23-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Biochemical Engineer to join the Chemistry Technology organization to drive development of advanced bioprocessing systems. You will focusing on projects that will range from systems for manufacturing of biological based materials to advanced waste treatment systems for multiple agrochemical platforms.
- Lead a team of scientists and technicians responsible for developing new biochemical processes, as well as supporting existing microbial based processes.
- Direct programs focused on the development and scale-up of low-cost, biochemical processes.
- Can lead efforts focused on on enzymatic, cellular and microbial based processes.
- Designing, planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting of experiments
- Technical leadership and management of research projects within time and budget constraints
- Presentation and reporting of progress and results to key stakeholders
- Identification and pursuit of business opportunities
- Preparation and presentation of proposals
- Providing strategic thought leadership
MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or related field of study.
5+ years of relevant research/engineering experience.
- Experience in process economics and mathematical modeling.
- Experience in design, construction, and operation of laboratory and pilot plant units.
- Strong understanding of microbiological, biochemical, and engineering principles to the design and scale-up of bioreactors and bioprocesses.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or related field of study.
- Post Doctoral research experience.