See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 16-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Purchasing
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is a leading provider of agricultural products and integrated solutions for farmers. We make Roundup, the world#39;s best-selling herbicide, and other herbicides. We produce leading seed brands, including DEKALB and Asgrow , and we provide farmers and other seed companies with biotechnology traits for insect protection and herbicide tolerance. We manage our business in two segments: Agricultural Productivity, and Seeds and Genomics.
Our Agricultural Productivity segment includes Roundup and other herbicides, our lawn and garden herbicide business, and our animal agriculture business.
The Seeds and Genomics segment consists of global businesses in seeds and related biotechnology traits, and technology platforms based on plant genomics, which increases the speed and power of genetic research.
Headquartered in suburban St. Louis, we employee 22,000 people in over 60 countries worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify vendor sources, develop and process request for quotes, blanket order management, change order follow -up, create purchase orders and expedite, data analysis
- Update SAP data as required (vendor information, outline agreements, etc.)
- Research and report key price drivers for materials and services
- Monitor key performance indicators
- Update and manage quality assurance data
- Communicate with vendors any pertinent information such as forecasts, schedules, deliverables, purchase requirements, etc.
- Verification of insurance/ESH requirements
- Projects assigned by Purchasing Manager, site/role specific jobs.
This position is a six-month co-op term. Knowledge of MS Office Suite and SAP preferred but not required. The ideal candidate is a Junior or Senior enrolled in Supply Chain Management - with a Procurement focus - previous co-op experiences a plus. The successful candidate must possess:
Strong organizational skills
High level of enthusiasm for the purchasing/logistics profession
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
High level of maturity
Strong willingness to learn.