See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 30-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is seeking a talented and innovated Sr. Research Chemist to join the Chemistry Technology Catalyst R&D team to lead the characterization of catalyst design and development. You will provide technical knowledge to optimize current processes and identify/expand new technical opportunities at Monsanto#39;s manufacturing facilities. You will need the skills to study and carefully analyze selected reactions in both lab and commercial environments. Experience in the study of catalytic reactions is necessary to guide the implementation and optimization of new catalysts.
- Work closely with engineers in the manufacturing and engineering organizations to ensure safe and effective operation of existing facilities.
- Identify, develop, and implement improved technology for the manufacturing of glyphosate and key intermediates.
- Lab studies, computer modeling, and plant scale experiments will be used in the optimization studies.
- This role is part of a dynamic team-based environment and partners with others in Research & Development, engineering, manufacturing, and collaborates with scientists in organizations both internal and external to Monsanto.
- Some travel required.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field of study
- 3+ years of post graduate experience (i.e. Post doctoral and/or industry)
- Experience in process development and pilot plant launches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently and drive collaborative projects forward