See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 23-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is seeking a talented and innovative Senior Research Chemist to join the Chemistry Technology Roundup ? Manufacturing Technology team. In this role, you will apply their technical expertise to optimize existing processes and be expected to show leadership in the identification and implementation of new technical opportunities at Monsanto#39;s manufacturing facilities. Required skills include the ability to translate laboratory experiments to commercial scale and to provide leadership in carrying out process strategy. Experience in the study of multi-step syntheses is necessary to achieve results.
- Execute laboratory and manufacturing scale studies focused on the optimization of new and existing chemical manufacturing processes for multiple pesticides.
- Lab studies, computer modeling, and plant scale experiments will be used to develop innovative solutions to manufacturing issues and provide technical support for existing manufacturing facilities.
- Provide leadership in the identification and development of new opportunities.
- This role is part of a dynamic team-based environment, and partners with others in Research & Development, Engineering, and Manufacturing, but also collaborates with scientists in organizations both internal and external to Monsanto.
- Some travel required.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant post graduate experience (i.e. Post doctoral and/or industry).
- A demonstrated understanding of organic mechanisms and basic kinetics are essential
- Experience in process development and pilot plant launches.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently and drive collaborative projects toward completion.
- Direct experience in the agrochemical, specialty organic chemicals, or related industries.
- Experience with heterogeneous catalysis and computer modeling are considered a plus.