See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 15-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Researcher/Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto#39;s Emerging Leaders in Science PhD rotational program is seeking top scientific talent who are at the PhD or Post-Doctoral level to join the Technology (R&D) Organization. You will be immersed in a comprehensive, cross-functional experience within a world leader in agricultural biotechnology. As a participant in this program, you will have exposure to multiple areas across Monsanto#39;s Technology Organization and you will work with, and be mentored by some of Monsanto#39;s most talented scientific leaders - and emerge prepared to lead efforts focused on agricultural innovation.
The program consists of three, one year rotational assignments within a selected strategic scientific focus area. In your rotation, you will receive formalized training to build and develop skills that compliment the experiential and scientific learning offered in each assignment. Assignments and projects associated with each rotation may change based on business needs and research initiatives. Upon successful completion of the three-year program, you will transition into a strategic, high impact role within the Technology Organization.
- Apply state-of-the-art methods with scientific principles and theories to discovery research and development programs.
- Participate in the strategic design and execution of research initiatives that require cross functional partnership.
- Regular, effective communication of research results to the team and cross functional partners across Monsanto.
- Design, execute, analyze experiments and summarize in detail in laboratory records.
- Participate in strategic experimental planning based on analyzed data generally guided by down-stream development targets.
- Have appreciation of and ability to work in a safety-conscious environment.
When submitting your application, please include your updated CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should describe your leadership experience and cite specific examples of your leadership success.
- PhD in Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Plant Breeding, Weed Science, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry or related field of study.
- Understanding of experimental design and data analysis methodologies.
- Strong leadership desire, ability, and potential.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Innovation and critical thinking skills.
- Strong learning aptitude and agility.
- Excellent relationship, networking, and collaboration skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a heavily matrixed, team-based environment.
- Ability and willingness to relocate.
- Post doctoral or post graduate research experience.
- Completion of an internship or cooperative in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or agricultural industry.
- Experience in research related to plant biology and/or plant genetics.