See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Muscatine, Iowa, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 28-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
This position is located in Muscatine, IA, the Muscatine facility is a world class chemical manufacturing facility recognized for the number one selling herbicide - Roundup . It is also the sole producer of selective chemical products such as Warrant , Harness , Harness Xtra , Degree , and Degree Xtra to name a few.
The role of the Electrical &Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer at the Monsanto - Muscatine site is to quickly restore the failure to an operable condition. The Engineer provides electrical engineering support for plant wide manufacturing areas, providing technical support to troubleshoot and solve problems impacting equipment reliability, environmental compliance, and safety.
Scope / Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Acquire failure data and prepare maintenance plans for restoring equipment to operating condition in a minimum amount of time balancing repair cost and minimizing future failures.
- Develop scopes defining improvement projects, including alternatives and cost-benefit analysis as needed.
- Troubleshoot electrical and instrumentation maintenance issues and complete appropriate documentation. Eliminate chronic E & I issues and increase MTBR (mean time between repair).
- Focus on root cause failure analysis and eliminating future failures.
- Mentor technicians, validators, planners, and other engineers as needed.
- Contact vendors, other Monsanto sites, and support organizations to obtain information for specification and maintenance of electrical equipment and instrumentation, including identifying required spare parts.
- Follow up on relevant recommendations from audits.
- Assist other area engineers (production, process, mechanical, project) and technicians as needed in reference to electrical engineering issues.
- Contribute to overall best practice implementation and value added cost control for overall maintenance and process operations.
- Present ideas and concepts clearly with appropriate documentation, through email correspondence or presentations, to gain support for change.
- Comply with plant safety rules and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements.
- Support plant-wide development and improvement through participation on plant-wide initiatives and committees.
- Act as owner of area electrical and instrumentation documentation.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Experience through internships, co-ops, or previous manufacturing experience is ideal.
The position requires strong written and oral communication skills, problem-solving skills, personal initiative, and the ability to work well in a team environment with a culture that values diversity.
Ideal Candidate Will Also Possess:
- Demonstrated capability to analyze problems and provide accurate solutions in a timely manner
- In-depth knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and instrument system design
- In-depth knowledge of chemical plants
- In-depth knowledge of PLC (Programmable Logic Controler) and DCS (Distributed Control System) system design, programming, and troubleshooting
- Complete understanding of environmental and safety issues
Description of Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position is located in a manufacturing environment, which requires the ability to ascend and descend stairs on a periodic basis; it requires the ability to access all areas of the plant to monitor maintenance & project execution, and to identify future needs. Limited amounts of travel may be required to visit vendors, headquarters, other sites, or development courses. This position requires working the core business hours of 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
This position will provide relocation to Muscatine, IA.