See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 29-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
The Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Center Of Excellence (COE) West Senior Accountant role will be responsible for transferring accounting activities related to the EMEA western countries from the respective country to the STL COE. Initially, the role will require the appropriate applicant to immediately learn and document daily and closing processes, learning how to complete the role in St. Louis accurately and efficiently.
- Key responsibilities include oversight for key US GAAP accounting and balance sheet reconciliations issues in the country.
- Role is a people leader role responsible for ~ 4-6 employees who will be located in STL.
- Upon the transfer of work to St. Louis, the role will require an immediate focus on process improvements with a focus on efficiency and ensuring the EMEA countries are operating based on the Global General Ledger standards.
Main Responsibilities/ Activities of Role:
- Responsible for ensuring the monthly closing process is completed timely and accurately
- Analyze and control the financial statements during monthly closings
- Perform necessary month-end closing procedures
- Manage both US GAAP statements
- Manage SEC and other disclosures, or other areas as needed.
- Evaluating processes, assessing alternative approaches and helping lead the implementation of global general ledger best practices and procedures
- Maintain an effective internal control framework around general ledger, closing and financial reporting activities
- Ensure compliance with CCPs
- Train other accountants regarding policies when necessary
- Be main contact for internal and external audit teams (SOX audits, financial US GAAP, etc)
- Represent the financial statements to management during annual Balance Sheet reviews
- Develop a network of peers and local country controllership teams through effective communication. Key liaison between commercial business analysts and local chief accountants.
- The role will require significant travel during the first 8-12 months of the project. After initial period, travel will still be approximately 10%.
Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting or Finance with 6 or more years of experience
Advance knowledge of US GAAP along with desire to conduct appropriate research on topics
Familiar with financial statements, general closing procedures and internal controls
Previous leadership experience is preferred
Proven ability to identify process inefficiencies, offer recommendation for improvements and implement solutions.
Candidate must be self-directed, organized and resourceful.
SAP and ARC experience
Ability to understand the "big picture" of topics, but also maintain focus on details
Ability to work with diverse team located in another country
Comfortable reaching out to various members of finance teams to solve issues
CPA certification recommended