See More Jobs From Wilbur-Ellis Company
Location: - (Turton, South Dakota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Wilbur-Ellis Company
Open Til: 07-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Terminals & Logistics
Career Type: Transportation/Logistics
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Position: Commercial Driver /Warehouse Operations
Position Location: Turton, South Dakota
Reports To: Branch Manager
Driver/Operator of Company truck for deliveries of goods and services to diverse customer base. May also be expected to assist in general warehouse duties including but not limited to; stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, driving forklift and general housekeeping. Must enjoy working with diverse customer base in a fast paced setting.
- Safe operation of Company delivery truck.
- Ensure all shipments include proper shipping documents
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles.
- Ensure no product leaves, or enters warehouse without necessary paperwork
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Person should be versatile, flexible, and willing. Can effectively multi-task.
- Able to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Help maintain warehouse cleanliness
- Notify Branch Manager immediately if products spills
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Valid driver’s license with CDL.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees.
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs.
- Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly Wage
- Full employee health and retirement benefit offerings
To apply online, click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. PLEASE NOTE: You will be re-directed to the WILBUR ELLIS corporate career site to complete the application process.
Due to the volume of people interested in working for Wilbur Ellis we ask that applicants refrain from calling any of the Wilbur Ellis offices to inquire further. Candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted directly by a Wilbur Ellis representative via e-mail or phone.