See More Jobs From Wilbur-Ellis Company
Location: - (Tukwila, Washington, West United States, USA)
Company: Wilbur-Ellis Company
Open Til: 11-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: IT
Career Type: Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5
Send This Job To A Friend
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Tukwila, Washington
Position Reports to: Director of Applications
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing system processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Prepare and deliver recommendations or alternatives for improving processes in operating and financial systems across the organization.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Developers, Testers and Users to implement efficient systems in support of business processes.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Create as-is and to-be process models, specifications, and diagrams.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation project managers or leads, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develop or revise project estimates using the standard IT methodology.
- When required, manage small to medium sized projects from beginning to end
- Troubleshoot end user and system related issues.
- Determine test requirements, develop test plans, execute test scripts and review test results for evaluating system changes.
- Train users on proper use of the system.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Accounting knowledge and principles.
- Good project management skills.
- Conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, engineering, science, business administration or accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years working with Tier I ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or JD Edwards) is required.
- Non-IT related business experience in Accounting or Finance environment.
- Certified in a specialized business field (such as APICS, CPA, Forecasting, Purchase Management, etc) a plus.
- Position may require some travel.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification a plus.
To apply online, click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. PLEASE NOTE: You will be re-directed to the WILBUR ELLIS CORPORATE CAREER SITE to complete the application process.
Due to the volume of people interested in working for Wilbur Ellis we ask that applicants refrain from calling any of the Wilbur Ellis offices to inquire further. Candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted directly by a Wilbur Ellis representative via e-mail or phone.