See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (USA)
Open Til: 19-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
A Technical Sales Agronomist is the lead product and cropping system trainer, communicator and coach for the area sales team, dealers, and customers. The sales agronomist will work across multiple crops and business functions to establish both tangible and intangible value selling messages. The sales agronomist will also provide input for product needs to the product management team. The sales agronomist will work closely with the sales manager to development and execute the area business plan. These efforts will ultimately result in superior sales team confidence, high sales effectiveness and achievement of area business goals.
- Be the crop production expert for the area.
- Communicate and train on cropping systems and practices that deliver on the sustainable agriculture commitment of producing more, conserving more and improving lives.
- Work with the area sales team to establish field activities that support the brand experience.
- Develop and communicate key agronomic messages for the area, including regular contribution to newsletters and technical bulletins.
- Work with area sales manager to train and coach the sales team on the Field Service Call process and guidelines.
Drive Accelerated Sales Growth
- Build product confidence and grow product demand.
- Summarize performance data to drive sales and effectively utilize available products.
- Network across Monsanto technical groups and industry experts.
- Communicate and train the area sales team on the features, advantages and benefits of products.
- Support the area sales manager in coaching and training the sales team on the sales process.
- Participate on sales calls with key customers and prospects.
- Help the area sales manager evaluate and identify training needs of the sales team.
- Be the product (germplasm, technology, and seed treatment) expert for the area.
- Work with product management to identify product needs.
- Position new and existing products with the sales team.
- Assist in development of an area forecast that will achieve volume, trait, and seed treatment targets.
- Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape and communicate business implications to the sales team.
- Train and communicate technology stewardship requirements to sales team, dealers, and customers.
- Bachelor of Science in agronomy related field required
A minimum of 4 years of experience working on agronomy issues (e.g. crop management, weed management, disease management, and nutrient management) with growers.
CCA (certified crop adviser) is preferred but would need to be attained upon hire.
- The position will be out in the field 80% of the time. The overnight travel will be in the range 30-40%