See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Othello, Washington, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot Company
Industry Sector: Food/Processing
Industry Type: Food Processing
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Human Resources Administrator 2/3 - Food Group – Othello, WA
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a full-time Human Resources Administrator 2/3 position open at our potato processing facility in Othello, WA.
The HR Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following HR programs: recruiting, salary, administration benefits administration, training, employee and labor relation, safety and personnel research. This position provides input in the development of policies and procedures. The individual in this position receives support and direction from Group and Corporate HR functions.
The HR Administrator is responsible for:
- Consulting with management and employees with respect to personnel policies, practices and procedures, in accordance with labor agreements when appropriate.
- Consulting and assisting in problem resolution related to human resource issues; ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations; and counseling managers and supervisors on discipline and termination procedures.
- Recruiting and managing the selection process for all hourly and salaried positions; conducting exit interviews and advising management of issues. Counseling employees regarding employment, education, and HR Issues.
- Managing disability management programs; overseeing administration of employee Transitional Return to Work, FMLA, and STD programs; and providing benefit orientation for all eligible employees. The HR Administrator also resolves benefit issues with Corporate office.
- Assisting with ensuring compliance with HR regulations including AAP, EEO reporting, utilization reports, and Vet-100. Preparing annual Affirmative Action plan, Utilization, and Progress reports.
- Overseeing employee record maintenance, including increases, new hires, terminations, and all other job changes. Overseeing annual Service Awards, United Way events, and other employee functions. Managing donation/public relations budget. Supporting community relations and participating in local community functions and activities to enhance the company image in our local area.
- May supervise non-exempt employees. May act or make decisions in the absence of the HR Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Human Resources or a related field from four-year college or university and 5+ years related experience and/or training is required. PHR, SPHR, or other HR-related certifications are preferred.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the programs, laws, rules, and regulations related to assigned HR job responsibilities. Other necessary skills include but may not be limited to:
- Leadership, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- The ability to handle stressful and negative situations in a manner that creates positive resolution.
- Strong customer service orientation and clear understanding of internal customer base needs.
- The ability to coordinate multiple needs, priorities and customers and exhibit a variety of styles and methods to meet customer needs.
- The ability to independently resolve the most complex and sensitive problems and issues. Broad direction is provided and work may be reviewed for adequacy of professional judgment.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Please Note:When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*