See More Jobs From Land O'Lakes
Location: - (Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Land O' Lakes
Open Til: 10-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Communication
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Internship/Summer Work Experience
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Director, Corp Strategy & Business Development
Territory (if applicable):
Business Unit:Corporate encompasses the core operational support for all Land O'Lakes businesses. It includes Business Development Services, Corporate Market Strategy and Communications, Finance, Law, Human Resources, Information Technology and Public Affairs.
Position Purpose:This position is responsible for working on strategic initiatives to advance the company objectives. Ares of focus will include:
1) Develop and coordinate Land O'Lakes formal planning processes including environmental review, strategic dialogue, and the three-year plan process.
2) Evaluate and coordinate M&A projects from a strategic perspective including acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, and divestitures. Includes reporting on pipeline of all company-wide M&A activities.
3) Work with Business and Corporate Units on strategic projects as identified.
4) Work closely on plans development and implementation.
5) Develop, prioritize, and recommend strategic entry options for new markets. Includes evaluation of potential strategic alliances, partners or licensees including relationship structure, capital needs, and long-term growth opportunities.
6) Ensure ongoing buy-in and alignment with business unit teams. Develop appropriate processes for communication and decision-making on all projects.
Required (Basic) Experience &
Education:MBA and Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required along with a minimum 8-10 years broad-based business experience preferably across multiple industries in marketing or general management, strategic planning and/or business development.
Required Competencies & Other Skills:Experience managing a business and a P&L and knowledge and skill at interpreting results of financial and strategic planning modeling tools.
Experience developing and analyzing comprehensive strategic business plans.
Effective at engaging resources toward achievement of objectives; ability to create commitment and cohesiveness within teams; effective at managing conflict; ability to work effectively and foster open dialogue across functional, organizational and geographic boundaries.
Superior communication skills with the ability to develop effective presentations and display comfort around internal and external senior management or business contacts.
Experience with mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic alliances.
Skill in negotiations and consensus building.
Preferred Experience & Education:Educational focus on Finance, Strategy or Marketing.
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:Exposure to International business, innovation efforts and multi-unit business environments.
Percentage of Travel:5 - 10%
Land O'Lakes, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement savings account, tuition reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays, and employee development opportunities. Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O'Lakes,Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.