See More Jobs From Crop Production Services
Location: - (North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Company: Crop Production Services
Open Til: 25-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Production
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 2
Send This Job To A Friend
Crop Production Services is one of the largest farm market retailers in North America. With over 148 years in business, CPS is the most effective and efficient supply chain for rapid development of seed, fertilizer and crop protection products. Our mission is to be the trusted and recognized leader in the retail agricultural industry, the first choice for every customer and producer and a growth company where employees can achieve success and develop to their maximum potential. Make the move to join our more than 8,000 employees across the US and Canada and begin growing your career now.
Crop Production Services Canada, is a division of Agrium (www.Agrium.com), and one of the largest farm market retailers in North America. Our mission is to be the trusted and recognized leader in the agricultural industry, the first choice for every customer and producer. A growth company where employees can achieve success and develop to their maximum potential. Make the move to join our more than 7000 employees across North and South America and begin growing your career now.
We are currently recruiting for the following position in area of North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Crop Production Advisor
Reporting to the Location Manager, this position is responsible for selling the company’s product and services offering, building and maintaining customer relations, as well as providing sound agronomic recommendations and solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Sells company products & services
- Maintains sales programs within assigned location
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals and profit margin objectives
- Monitors competitive activity and trends
- Maybe required to keep records and prepare reports on sales activities
- Knowledge of product features, benefits, and use
- Interprets soil, tissue, and water analysis
- Initiates trials that will support marketing efforts
- Researches and responds to technical inquiries
- Develops proprietary fertilizer formulations
- Maintains and builds customer contacts to ensure and prescribe appropriate actions to resolve issues
- Perform initial credit review of customers to determine credit risk
- Provide credit department with necessary information to determine credit limits
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Agricultural based degree or diploma
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications
- Ability to work independently or as part of an effective team
- Valid Driver’s License
Pre-employment testing is required. We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
While we appreciate all applications we receive; we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. EOE/AAP
Job Contact Information