See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Soda Springs, Idaho, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 14-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
In Soda Springs, we produce elemental phosphorous, a key component to ensuring farmers are more production-- something that#39;s becoming increasingly important in our growing world. We currently have an opportunity for a Mineral Operations Supervisor at this location.
Position is responsible for the management and direction of two contract mining operations (approximately 100 employees) for the efficient movement of some 10 M tons per year of overburden and phosphate ore and about 300k tons per year of crushed and screened quartzite rock,with ore and quarzite delivered to the Soda Springs Phosphorous Plant. Includes direct supervision and development of a team of five Monsanto employees and close coordination with additional professional staff. Responsible for all aspects of operations, including, but not limited to, safety performance, environmental compliance, mine planning ,, budget development, royalty measurement and payment, billings, periodic reporting to management and interfacing with multiplegovernmental agencies, and preparation of lands for final revegetation.
Responsible for an annual combined budget of approximately $25-30M.
- Compliance with all applicable local, state,Monsanto internal and federal rules and regulations by both Monsanto and contractors.
- Development, monitoring, and execution of annual operating plans, forecasts, and budgets.
- Development and implementation of cost improvement projects and initiatives.
- Development of a team of highly trained and effective people who direct and monitor contractor activities.
- Approves purchases and initiates capital appropriation requests to provide equipment, supplies, and other materials needed to complete job requirements.
- B.S. in Mining, Geologic, or related Engineering discipline including a minimum of 7 years mining experience with a minimum of two years of those years in a supervisory role at an active mine site.
- Working knowledge of computer-based mine and slope design software.
- Working knowledge of applicable governmental rules and regulations.
- Effective leadership skills including excellent oral and written communication capabilities.
- Demonstrated history of effectively working with governmental agencies is highly desired.
- Demonstrated track record of mine plan optimization and cost reduction is highly desired.
- Experience with surface mine dewatering equipment and systems would be a definite plus.
Competitive benefits and pay range commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V