See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Minnetonka, Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 26-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Corn & Soya
Function: Legal / Licensing / IP
State/Province: Minnesota [MN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Licensing Manager
Job ID: 2619
- The Licensing Manager will be an integrated part of the North America Licensing Group responsible for: (i) engagement with internal stakeholders on development and management of third party collaborations and external relationships; (ii) stakeholder management in support of company contractual obligations and policies, (ii) agreement compliance and management, and (iii) preparation, negotiation and execution of contracts and license agreements.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders on technology acquisition.
- Interact with project teams, business units and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage collaboration projects and interact with business, project and technical leads regarding the same.
- Provide expertise related to the preparation, negotiation and execution of documents such as CDA's, MTA's, Research Agreements, Technology Transfer Agreements, Collaborations, Trial Agreements and other similar documents, including drafting and negotiation of such documents.
- Draft and track material transfer forms ensuring (in coordination with the Compliance department and the Regulatory department) that the Company complies with its legal and contractual obligations regarding the movement of seeds, chemicals and biological materials.
- Work closely with Legal and Intellectual Property groups on agreement negotiation, management and compliance.
- Serve as technical expert in review of contractual language.
- Manage reporting obligations, including event alerts and financial compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in the chemical or biological sciences, background in agricultural sciences preferred
- General understanding of contract negotiations, collaborations and intellectual property
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to proactively and quickly process and identify issues, propose solutions and implement action plans
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Time management and/or project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to be a successful part of a team, but also work well independently
- Adaptable to a changing environment
- Bench scientist experience preferred
- Project management experience
- Strong knowledge across various technology fields and disciplines
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.