See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Macomb, Illinois, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 26-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Commercial Operations
State/Province: Illinois [IL]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Agronomy Service Representative
Job ID: 2613 IL
This position will cover West Central IL.
- Partners with sales teams to position solutions on the farm or with our channel partners by assisting with the development and delivery of Syngenta's product and agronomic story in the marketplace.
- Accountable for supporting local sales performance by providing technical sales support to channel partners and sales representatives.
- Provides localized and targeted product, technology and agronomic information and advice to DM, Sales Reps, channel partners, customers and prospects.
- Promotes Syngenta products at meetings, field days, and one on one.
- Provides guidance and as needed direct involvement in handling service calls.
- Supports and coordinates plot locations and entries in the assigned area, analyzes and interprets data for promotional use and is the pivot point for Syngenta story amplification in local areas.
- Member of the local team, accountable for sales performance by providing technical support to growers, channel partners and sales representatives.
- Partner with sales teams to position Syngenta on the farm, 'to, through and with' in the case of retail.
- Partner with the grower to maximize their return on investment.
- Provide technical training and coaching to the sales force, channel partners and growers
- Support new product launches.
- Aid in resolution of grower service calls.
- Coordinate trialling efforts within the local area through the Sales Reps and channel partners.
- Partner with Sales Reps to plan strategies to effectively compete with competitor products utilizing working knowledge of those products.
- Learn and understand all key Syngenta products and solutions for local assigned area and train sales teams on those products and solutions
- Develop relationship with all key personnel in local area (Crop Expert, Product Specialist, SR's, DM, channel partners)
- Coordination of trialling activities (plot location/product mix, training events, etc...)
- Support and training for service calls
- Amplification of Syngenta story - product performance messages, Performance Insight newsletters, blog (as assigned), etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- MS in Agronomy / related field preferred or BS in Agronomy with a minimum of 3 years experience required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of statistical principals and data analysis
- Significant technical knowledge of product portfolio, product pipeline and product value propositions.
- Agronomic theory - knowledge of farming best practices, seed technologies, crop protection.
- Understanding of segmentation strategy and priorities
- 2-4 years of experience in sales as well as strong technical background
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Problem solving skills (e.g. ability to diagnose issues with product performance and provide recommendations)
- Theoretical / practical sales knowledge (e.g., what to say and do depending on grower, dealer or retailer needs and unique situation)
- Customer facing skills: manage relationship, build trust, offer support
- Self-management and prioritization skills; balance time across sales reps and accounts in assigned geographic region.
- Teaching / communication skills: ability to communicate highly technical information to growers, sales reps and accounts in a manner that is easily understandable
- Excellent computer/analytic skills in Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Critical leadership capabilities:
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Exhibited leadership amongst sales team and technical peers
- Actively pursues coaching and training of sales reps, channel partners and other assignees
- Creates professional and successful working environment with Sales Reps, District Managers and other key Syngenta personnel
- Takes timely and effective action to optimize sales opportunities or challenges
- Have understanding of internal Syngenta systems
- Successful and productive internal and external network
- 20% of work performed in a standard / home office environment
- 80% of work performed in vehicle, at meetings and in field locations with employees, co-workers, customers and other associates
- Ability to work irregular hours, days, evenings and sometimes weekends
- Ability to travel by car and occasionally plane
- Participate and be recognized as leader in Ag industry and sales
- Proven track record of successfully completing projects
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.