See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Gilroy, California, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 27-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
State/Province: California [CA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Marketing Communications Lead
Job ID: 2683
The primary purpose of this role is to drive the Flowers Pro business by effectively developing and implementating tactical marketing plans for the integrated Flowers Pro entity as well as the individual businesses (Syngenta Flowers, Syngenta Plant Protection, and Fafard growing media).
- Coordinate with sales/marketing colleagues and third-party partners to develop and implement effective and impactful:
_ promotional marketing tactics (tradeshows, advertising, collateral, websites, etc.).
_ media and public relations presence (press releases, donations, sponsorships, etc.).
_ external marketing communications (customer letters, bylined articles, etc.)
_ internal communications that promote Flowers Pro within the Syngenta organization.
- Ensure all marketing projects are completed on time and on budget, including oversight of invoicing and purchase orders. Develop and achieve mROI.
- Ensure the Syngenta brand is presented effectively, consistently, and in line with global standards with all customer touch points and marketing channels.
- Develop and manage relationships with third party vendors.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the Syngenta organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, professional office environment.
- Must have highly developed project management capabilities.
At a minimum, a BA degree in Marketing or a related field and at least two years of experience in marketing communications. Knowledge of industry is an asset. Knowledge of internal/external resources to accomplish communications goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Marketing, communications, and related experience a plus.
- Track record of coordinating multiple activities and deadlines.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Ability to manage and implement campaigns and marketing activities requiring long and short-term planning and organization.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with vendors.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
- Ability to assess and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong computer skills.
- Customer focus.
- Strong written communications.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Creates an environment that supports the Syngenta sales and marketing team approach.
- Builds concensus and gains commitment of stakeholders in a compelling way.
- Skillfully plans, organizes, and monitors activities and plans to meet deadlines.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Ability to develop close working relationships with the sales managers, market managers, and third party partners.
- Ability to implement and adhere to defined processes for all marketing activities.
- Accountability and responsibility for driving and communicating the overall Syngenta brand.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Ability to influence and coordinate the efforts of other team members in support of marketing initiatives.
- Ability to present and pitch ideas effectively to manager and project stakeholders.
- Effective time management, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Participate in development of and implement ways of working with Flowers Pro businesses.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- Normal office environment, up to 50% travel expected during specific times of the year.
- Tight time lines, so working extended hours during peak periods is required.