See More Jobs From AgResearch
Location: - (Lincoln, South Island, New Zealand)
Company: AgResearch Ltd
Open Til: 01-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Salary: 40000 - 50000
Send This Job To A Friend
A Farm Services Officer role has arisen at our Lincoln Research Farm. This position offers the successful applicant a chance to further their farming career by joining a highly motivated and enthusiastic team in one of New Zealand’s leading research organisations.
Ideally, you will have 3 to 5 years background in intensive farming systems and have some working knowledge of intensive animal recording.Good communication skills are essential, as are good crop management and animal husbandry skills. You will be a team player who can provide a high standard of field servicing for farm based experiments.
We are seeking a person who has:
- Experience with irrigation systems and equipment
- Good stock knowledge and general farm work experience
- Sound knowledge of machinery and general farm maintenance
- Willing to accept responsibility and work independently with a tidy work habit and attention to detail
- Have a good practical can do attitude and willing to work in all conditions
AgResearch is committed to ongoing training and offers excellent working conditions including annualised hours as well as good housing and close to schooling.
For more information please call Brooke Mullooly on 07 838 5011 or visit our career site www.careers-agresearch.co.nz to apply.
Applications close 8 February 2012 at 5pm.