See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: - (Boise, Idaho, West United States, USA)
Company: J.R. Simplot Company
Industry Sector: Food/Processing
Industry Type: Biotechnology
Career Type: Business Development
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
BioTech Business Development Associate
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a BioTech Business Development Associate position available at our Plant Sciences division in Boise, ID.
Supports the efforts for licensing Innate Technology for transforming crops and plant species as directed by the Licensing consultant. Also supports the licensing of specific genetic traits as directed by the Plant Sciences management team. Potential in and out-licensing activities will be not only in the U.S., but worldwide.
- Identify and research potential licensing partners and their competencies in various crops.
- Build capability for desired traits by in-licensing, an example is obtaining additional late blight genes.
- Begin discussions with PBL, BASF, Wageningen, and Warf.
- Complete MTA, Research, or Commercial agreements to transform all varieties of interest.
- Negotiate, execute and then coordinate the transfer of intellectual property or DNA for all in and out licensing deals.
- Support the efforts to build the capabilities for in and out licensing to achieve between $10 and $15 million annual revenues by year 8.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline with M.S. or MBA preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in scientific environment (academic or professional), with licensing and financial modeling experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and problem solving skills
- Up to 25% travel
Boise’s mild climate, good jobs, affordable housing and a safe, clean and vibrant downtown all add up to a great place to live.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via Simplot's online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at 1-877-878-7404.
Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*