See More Jobs From CHS Inc.
Location: - (Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: CHS Inc.
Open Til: 02-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Energy
Career Type: Logistics
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 3
Salary: Depends on qualifications
Send This Job To A Friend
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Renewable Fuels Wholesale Marketing group for a Logistics Specialist. You must be highly motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative, and detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. You must have strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Manage both empty & loaded rail logistics, tracking and tracing the daily movement of 30 to 350 rail cars per plant and up to 3 ethanol plants.
- Scheduling truck, rail, barge and vessel shipments of Hazardous Material as needed per the sales plan.
- Provide the analysis, planning, communication and execution of shipping biofuels from origin (client ethanol plants) to destination (fuel terminals) including export of Biofuels to foreign countries.
- Monitor the performance of biofuels sales and perform the physical movements from respective plant location to product destinations.
- Act as the communication liaison between the client plants, leased terminal storage facilities, and biofuels customers.
- Divert and reassign shipments as required.
- Compile and submit rail bills of lading.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in logistics and rail or transportation.
- Experience handling all aspects of product movement from production plant to buyer’s terminal.
Preferred Qualifications: (preferred)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (SAP, JD Edwards, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience scheduling and coordinating the movement of fuels/biofuels/chemicals by Class 1 railroads, shortlines and domestic barges.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel as a planning tool for inventory control.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE CHS CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.