See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Oxnard, California, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 28-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
ESH Generalist Position - provides ESH support, direction, and planning for the assigned sites in NA. The position will be part of the NA ESH Seeds and Traits Organization. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides direct ESH support to the assigned sites to continuously improve the safety performance of the organization.
2. Provides for a consistent approach to ESH for all of the business operations at multi-function sites as assigned.
3. Visits the assigned sites on a frequent basis as determined by the site#39;s ESH compliance/audit history, risk and as determined by ESH leadership
4. When visiting multi-function sites, make contact with leadership of all business operations at the site. Provide one message and ESH approach for the entire site.
5. Provide ESH program and technical support to all assigned sites including: training, compliance inspections, environmental and safety emergencies, audit preparation, IH sampling and monitoring, JSA development,
contractor/guest program and TapRoot incident investigations.
6. Effectively communicate ESH Business goals at each assigned site and assist the site with their successful completion of the goals.
7. Focus efforts at the sites on increased near miss reporting, environmental compliance, implementation of BBS and crosschecking.
8. Assist the site ESH Technicians as they support to the sites and site leadership.
9. As ESH specific program owners, keep each assigned procedure up-to-date and as updates are made, include relevant stakeholders. Provide for training as needed for the assigned procedure and act as the technical expert
for the procedure.
10. Routinely coordinates on-going communication and network meetings with Site management and ESH technicians.
11. Assists the site with environmental compliance including preparation of environmental and regulatory permits and reports to ensure regulatory compliance with the operation and construction of air permits, waste
management/OPA, worker protection, and tier II requirements.
12. Works with site management to facilitate the management of Monsanto contractor & guest program to include pre-start up meetings and audits, ESH project reviews, work in progress audits, and maintaining program database
13. Works closely with each site on the preparation and management of Monsanto ESH management system and OSHA#39;s VPP Star program.
14. Promotes communication programs to enhance and encourage employee awareness of accident prevention, industrial hygiene, environmental, fire prevention, and natural disaster planning.