See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Luling, Louisiana, South United States, USA)
Open Til: 09-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated HR profession to join the Luling Chemistry Production Plant as an HR Generalist. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive HR support for designated business units within the plant. You will work closely with people leaders to provide HR expertise as well as ensuring compliance with laws, policies and procedures. The major responsibilities include employee relations, performance management, development and partnering on key HR initiatives.
- Develop effective relationships with employees and HR colleagues at multiple levels.
- Ensure effective application of all basic HR processes including performance reviews, compensation and talent reviews/succession planning.
- Act as coach/consultant to people managers. Provide counsel and assist employees and people managers in resolving complex or controversial Human Resource problems, including counseling, legal issues and terminations.
- Assist in developing and implementing diversity and people development efforts.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or related field of study.
- 3+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, whether in a Generalist or Specialist capacity
- Knowledge of HR laws, policies, practices, and programs.
- Able to maintain and build trust along with the demonstrated ability to protect and preserve confidential information.
- Solid understanding of HR policies/procedures, as well as local, state and federal employment laws.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze information and make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Results oriented; operationally excellent.
- Strong, visible leadership and influencing skills.
- Able to relate to and advise strong, independent thinkers.
- Detail-oriented with good facilitation, analytical and organizational skills.
- Multi-cultural professional or personal experience a major plus.
- Computer proficiency in Windows based programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Flexible and able to respond quickly to changing job demands and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- MBA or Masters degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field of study.
- Direct experience as an HR Generalist.
- Experience providing HR support in a manufacturing environment.