See More Jobs From Wilbur-Ellis Company
Location: - (Tukwila, Washington, West United States, USA)
Company: Wilbur-Ellis Company
Open Til: 01-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: IT
Career Type: Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 2
Send This Job To A Friend
Position: Systems Support Analyst – Help Desk
Location: Tukwila, Washington
Position Reports To: Enterprise Support Center Manager
- Acts as first contact point for the Company user community and their ERP system.
- Reports to the Enterprise Support Center Manager
- Responds to requests about company enterprise and desktop applications from the end user community.
- Gathers all necessary information to resolve the user’s problem or request.
- Answers general functionality questions and solves intermediate to complex application technical issues.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose basic to intermediate desktop hardware problems as needed.
- Responsible for escalating problems that require input from developers and business analysts.
- Work with Enterprise Support and end users in the resolution of more complex enterprise application issues.
- Records and maintains support issues and facilitates the transfer of this knowledge to the Enterprise Support Center, Application Management group and end user community.
- Log all incoming calls and ensure sufficient information is recorded.
- Inform user of how incident will be resolved/handled – complete incident if appropriate.
- Maintains ongoing contact/status with users as defined in escalation and service management processes.
- Provides expert and creative solutions to user problems (software/hardware).
- Researches, resolves, and responds to inquiries based on standards implemented and all available information.
- Ensures that problems are escalated in accordance with established procedures and handles escalated projects as assigned.
- Is responsible for acquiring, maintaining, and expanding knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Add to and maintain the Knowledge Base of support issues, to include training and knowledge transfer of current technical information and procedures to the Enterprise Support Center and end users.
- Responsible for building good relationships with internal as well as external customers.
- Ability to resolve Enterprise Application Software issues as required.
- A high level of customer focus; demonstrated ability to listen to customer problems and requests and resolve outstanding issues.
- An overall understanding of company products, services and related systems (or the ability to quickly acquire).
- ERP (JDE, Peoplesoft, SAP, Oracle, etc) software application support experience highly preferred in areas of purchasing, inventory, order management, and manufacturing work orders.
- Ability to work independently and available to work during occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstrated confidence in dealing with people from different levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment, enthusiasm and energy at work, achievement based orientation.
- Ability to organize work based on goals and priorities.
- High level of proficiency with Help Desk and office communication tools.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capability.
- Ability to identify and recommend improvements based on observed trends.
- Attention to detail to a high degree while handling multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Able to work as a team as well as coordinate the activities of team members and people outside of the team.
- 2 years minimum Help Desk – Call Center/Customer Service experience.
This position offers an attractive benefits package.
To apply online, click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. Please note: You will be re-directed to the WILBUR-ELLIS CORPORATE CAREER site to complete the application process. Due to the volume of people interested in working for Wilbur Ellis we ask that applicants refrain from calling any of the Wilbur Ellis offices to inquire further. Candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted directly by a Wilbur Ellis representative via e-mail or phone.