See More Jobs From Wilbur-Ellis Company
Location: - (Great Lakes Operational area, Michigan, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Wilbur-Ellis Company
Open Til: 04-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Environment
Career Type: Safety
Job Type: Contract
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Position: SSRE Regulatory Technician
Position Location: Sparta, Michigan (Great Lakes Operational area)
Reports To: SSRE Technician
This position works with company locations to help them comply with regulations and safety requirements for the various governmental agencies and company policies. The position requires knowledge in many areas of regulatory compliance and safety. Must have the ability to direct personnel in proper procedures, ability to teach various subjects, and make appropriate decisions based on knowledge and resources.
Ability to organize and present vital information in a formal report format for internal and external use as well as ability to orally present information to various groups is required.
Travel will be a significant part of this position with approximately 40% to 50% of your time spent at various Wilbur-Ellis Company facility locations. Travel will include day trips (returning to home each night) as well as travel one to five days away from home.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Facility inspections
- Fire and Safety Risk Assessment
- Facility Evaluations
- Follow-up facility inspections
- Pre-fire/Emergency Procedures
- Provide required safety training to all employees within area
- (Defensive Driving, Hazwoper, required safety programs/procedures)
- Participate in the development and implementation of training programs
- Emergency response for area of responsibility (training to be provided)
- First Aid/CPR training
- Communicate with the facility personnel to convey safety regulations and proper safety and environmental procedures.
- Communicate with the facility Manager, Business Unit Manager and communicate directly with the Union Gap SSRE Office.
- Support facilities in all manners of safety issues
Skills and Experience Required:
- College degree or on-the-job experience with safety/environmental duties
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Training experience or the ability to train mixed responsibility audiences
- Good to excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are necessary
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organization skills
- Self motivated and directed
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Able to travel, (travel will vary from overnight trips to 5+ days away from home)
Full employee health and retirement benefit offerings
To apply online, click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. PLEASE NOTE: You will be re-directed to the WILBUR-ELLIS CORPORATE CAREER SITE to complete the application process. Due to the volume of people interested in working for Wilbur Ellis we ask that applicants refrain from calling any of the Wilbur Ellis offices to inquire further. Candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted directly by a Wilbur Ellis representative via e-mail or phone.