See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (New Orleans, Louisiana, South United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 06-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill Deicing Technology (CDT) is the North American market leader in the production and distribution of winter snow fighting products and services. Headquartered in the snowbelt in North Olmsted, Ohio, CDT has major production facilities in Cleveland, Ohio; Lansing, New York; and Avery Island, Louisiana. CDT also markets products from partner sources in New Brunswick, Canada and Lyons, Kansas. At Cargill we provide peace of mind and a sense of security that comes from knowing that the company providing your winter deicing solutions is solid, reliable, and delivers the highest quality products and services in the industry. Cargill Deicing Technology is the leading producer of deicing customer solutions in North America. Our Deicing Business Unit is looking for a General Mine Supervisor to be located at our Avery Island, Louisiana mine.
In this position a General Mine Supervisor will manage all aspects of underground Mine Production, including EHS, supervision, project management, production, and costs.
- 40% Effective performance and safety management.
- 25% Communicating effectively. Building strong teams between all supervisory teams and the surface.
- 15% Planning, prioritizing and scheduling.
- 15% Compliance with Policy/Procedure and regulatory requirements.
- 5% Develop capital and expense budgets.
- Advanced engineering degree (2 year or 4 year degree) OR 5+ years mine experience.
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule.
- Minimum of 3+ years underground mine experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated commitment, knowledge, experience and success in Environmental Health & Safety.
- Strong verbal and listening communication skills.
- Coaching: Acknowledges, develops and rewards competencies and results; addresses people issues/opportunities; develops team.
- Communication: Strong written communication skills, interpersonal skills; speaks candidly; provides constructive feedback.
- Efficient: Strong organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in project management, planning and managing costs.
- Exposure/knowledge of basic PC software programs.
- Knowledge of Mining (MSHA) and/or OSHA safety statutes.