See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Kunia, Hawaii, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 26-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
This position reports to the Hawaii Security Manager, located at the Monsanto Hawaii sites, and is responsible for supporting the functions of Global Security.
As a member of the Global Security Team, the successful candidate will be able to perform various security officer functions including: patrol the grounds, patrol the buildings, process visitors at lobby security posts, respond to emergencies and detain or arrest violators.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Courteously greet employees and visitors
- Register guests
- Patrol the building and exterior site grounds
- Respond to other Monsanto sites as needed
- Investigate calls for service in the building and maintain order and the safety of personnel in the event of an emergency
- Respond to intrusion and equipment alarms and make the required notifications
- Conduct mobile patrols of the site#39;s roadways and parking lots
- Protect the Monsanto site from trespassing or illegal entries
- Guard against damage or theft of company property; respond to fire alarms
- Assist in the evacuation of occupants and containment of fires until the fire department arrives
- Provide emergency services and rescue, CPR and first aid during sudden illnesses or injury
The successful applicant will have well developed oral and written communication skills and be able to prepare clear and accurate computer generated reports of incidents and other activities.
- Must be able to work under stressful circumstances, be able to analyze various situations and make recommendations and decisions pertaining to the security and safety of personnel and other assets
- Must have a high school degree, or equivalent
- Must possess effective oral and written communications skills
- Strong Basic computer skills
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR, AED and basic First Aid
- Valid U.S. driver#39;s license
- Ability to work day and night shifts, weekdays and weekends, and be capable of working extended shifts, if needed
- Previous law enforcement experience
- College degree
- Second language proficiency
Candidate must successfully complete an 80-hour basic field training course before being assigned to a work schedule.
Candidate may not have any felony conviction, or serious misdemeanor conviction involving violence or theft.
Must have a pleasant and professional demeanor, conduct themselves with the highest level of integrity, and be able to work in a diverse work force.
Successful completion of a post offer fitness test is required for employment in this position.