See More Jobs From Viterra
Location: - (Humbolt, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 10-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5
Send This Job To A Friend
Viterra Inc. provides premium quality ingredients to leading global food manufacturers. Headquartered in Canada, the global agribusiness has extensive operations across Western Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with Adelaide, Australia as the base for Viterra's Southeast Asian operations. Our growing international presence also extends to operations in the United States, offices in Japan, Singapore, China and Switzerland. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, we operate in three distinct businesses: grain handling and marketing, agri-products, and value-added processing. Our expertise, close relationships with producers, and superior logistical assets allow the company to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning end-use customers, helping to fulfill the nutritional needs of people around the world.
- Within the parameters of market centre grain and farm supply marketing plans and strategies, is accountable for managing a defined client base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales, financial and operating targets.
- Pro-actively seeks to become involved in the business decision-making process of targeted customers - helps these customers make farm production and marketing decisions. Works closely with the Market Centre Manager to determine potential commitments that can be made to producers.
- Maintains and analyzes a database/record of customer profiles (e.g. commodities produced, product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize and prioritize customer contacts. Scans and interprets the database, shares relevant information (trends, market needs and business opportunities) with team members, and recommends programs and services to meet and exceed customer needs. Analyzes current and future agricultural trends and service needs, and in conjunction with the sales & marketing and operations teams, develops and implements strategies and actions to create opportunities.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitably do business.
- Provides timely service, marketing options, agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers. Arranges for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization.
- Arranges for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value.
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area, and recommends marketing program and service revisions.
- Co-ordinates the movement of grain and farm supplies and related administrative requirements in conjunction with customers and operations staff, in order to ensure that contractual obligations are met.
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure that payments are within approved credit policy, and performs collection functions as required.
- Participates in market area promotional activities.
- In conjunction with the Market Centre Manager, develops and implements performance objectives and related measurements, regularly monitors progress towards objectives and takes appropriate corrective actions as required.
- Executes sales programs within assigned market centre in order to meet and/or exceed budgeted agri-products sales and grain volumes and margins.
- Contacts producers on farm based on customer strategies in order to increase awareness of customer's/ business needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This position is accountable to develop a customer base within a geographical area in market agri-product services and grain deliveries. In addition this position is accountable for obtaining business results as established through business planning and goal setting.
Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education. Must hold and maintain CCA designation, or pass the CCA exam and be successfully designated within a 2 year time-frame. Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities may be considered. Designation as a Professional Agronomist would be preferred. Must possess a valid class 5 driver's license.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE VITERRA CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.