See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Allentown, Pennsylvania, Mid-Atlantic United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 01-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
I choose Opportunity. Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill's meat business, headquartered in Wichita, KS, is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Regional Beef, Value Added Meats Food Service, Value Added Meats Retail and Cargill Cattle Feeders. We employ approximately 35,000 worldwide and has processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia, and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Case Ready, Hazleton has an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor. The production supervisor is accountable for monitoring and managing the assigned area of the production process and assigned personnel in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the department.
- 30% Oversee day-to-day operation of assigned area including work flow, management of work in process, job assignments, rotations, etc
- 20% Ensure safety of workforce through delivery of monthly safety training topics, department safety audits, and participation in incident reviews. Monitor and ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures. Contribute safety suggestions for improvement.
- 20% Support positive employee relations in all aspects of interaction with employees including valuing differences, engagement action planning, and monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures which support these goals.
- 10% Effectively orient, train, and develop all employees utilizing new hire discussion guides, Job Task Analyses, performance review forms and other management tools.
- 10% Monitor product quality to meet customer specifications, ensuring that Good Manufacturing Practices are effectively deployed in area of responsibility.
- 10% Perform essential recordkeeping and timekeeping functions for department personnel using Kronos system. Monitor employee attendance and absenteeism, holding employees accountable as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience required with at least 1 year of previous supervisory experience.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weekend work as assigned.
- Basic computer skills required, including ability to use Microsoft Outlook for e-mail.
- Four year college degree
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Previous experience with computerized timekeeping system (such as Kronos) preferred.
- Additional computer skills preferred including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to relocate within the company preferred.