See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 25-Jun-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto Canada is currently looking for an Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) Lead for a 13 month term. The ESH Lead provides leadership, direction, and strategic planning for ESH programs and initiatives in Canada.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides ESH leadership and support to the Canadian operations with a consistent message and approach. This includes working with Site management, ESH Technicians, and Business leads on ESH matters concerning all functions and business areas in Canada.
- Provides strategic and tactical planning for the environmental, safety and health organization in Canada to improve the safety performance and maintain regulatory compliance. This includes preparing environmental and regulatory permits and reports as needed.
- Implements environmental, safety and health policies and procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, and field safety) and promotes communication programs to enhance and encourage employee awareness of accident prevention, industrial hygiene, environmental, fire protection, and natural disaster planning.
- Works with site management to facilitate the management of Monsanto contractor & guest program to include pre-start up meetings and audits, ESH project reviews, and work in progress audits.
- Investigates injuries and illnesses by collecting factual events and conditions to determine root causes and appropriate recommendations to prevent new or recurring accidents. Coordinates incident reviews with Site and Business Leads and routinely analyzes, trends, and chart near-miss, injury and illness data.
- Monitors performance of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) programs and regulatory compliance with all federal and provincial regulations, and handles all contact with the appropriate government agencies.
- Monitors and controls the organization#39;s safety and health standards in accordance with provincial and federal standards. Maintains professional knowledge of protective equipment and existing and proposed changes in regulations.
- Works closely with each site on the preparation and management of Monsanto ESH management system and Monsanto STAR program.
- Ensures budgets, schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent in Environmental, Safety & Health, or Agricultural Engineering.
- Five to seven years work experience in Environmental, Safety and Health.
- Previous management or project experience is required.
- Ability to work with Leadership and provide direct technical support to site management and ESH professionals.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and written skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all employee levels.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- Position requires up to 50% travel.
- Attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze information and make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Strong influence and demonstrate ability to work with networks.