See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Kekaha, Hawaii, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 11-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Corn & Soya
Function: Research & Product Development
State/Province: Hawaii [HI]
Position Title: Field Technician 1
Job ID: 2653
- The purpose of the Field Technician I is to support local Product Development Research Associates in their efforts to create superior products. Responsible for planting cycle activities.
- Planting, Spraying, Sampling, and Seed treating.
- Pollinating, Harvesting, Shelling, Packaging, and Shipping.
- Provide support to the research associates with various other tasks.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- At least 6 months in related field.
Critical knowledge: : - Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to us Personal Data Assistant (PDA).
- Ability to work both in a team and as a self-directed individual.
- Ability and initiative to learn new technologies and concepts.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused, with a relaxed, friendly attitude.
- Ability to perform under agreed upon time and resource requirements.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Ability to take initiative and drive results.
- Work with minimal supervision.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment, work on demanding, high visibility projects, and work in the field for extended periods of time in a tropical climate.
- Must be able to correct mistakes made by others and themselves and know how to handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Respectful to supervisors and crew.
- A minimum of two years in current position is required (requirement for internal applicants only).
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Bending and lifting
- Capable of lifting 25-50 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work outdoors in conditions of heat, wind, rain.