See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Wichita, Kansas, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 03-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Cargill Value Added Meats - Retail facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Cargill Value Added Meats - Retail has an opportunity for a Deli/Club Marketing Manager in Wichita, KS. This position is a growth opportunity for a motivated self-starter who is a thought leader on the Cooked Meats Category and the brands --ours and our Customer's - Castlewood Reserve and Charter Reserve. This position will lead the development and execution of strategic plans for the Deli/Club channel in the Cargill Value Added Meats Retail business unit. The person in this role leads a wide variety of initiatives from brand and product line strategy development, budget management, agency leadership, product promotions development and execution, new product development and launch, marketing materials development, market/consumer research, and data analysis.
- 25% - Drive organizational strategy and objectives for the Cooked Meats category for growth.
- 20% - Manage long and short term strategy and planning
- 15% - Lead and deliver marketing plans
- 10% - Discover key consumer insights, behavior and consumption trends
- 10% - Drive continuous enhancement of product quality and relevance to changing consumer needs (e.g. Salt, fat, sugar).
- 10% - Work closely with your key CVAM Sales Team members, advertising agencies and Customers to drive mutual value creation.
- 10% - Develop metrics to track the effectiveness of your plan for the brands (ours and our Customers) and demonstrate return on marketing investment on all funds deployed on behalf of the organization.
- Bachelor Degree
- 5 years of marketing experience
- Working knowledge of the cooked meats sector, operator's strategies and changing consumer requirements
- Ability to build sustainable and collaborative relationships with key internal team members as well as with agency resources.
- Demonstrated ability to create new business and elevate existing business to higher levels of performance
- Ability to influence and motivate cross functional teams.
- Strong skills in planning and organizing; initiative and follow-up; judgment and problem solving; negotiating
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid work ethic, attention to details and strong time management skills
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Masters of Business Administration
- Managing profit and loss for a company's brands
- Experience marketing processed meats
- Completed Cargill Marketing Academy training (internal only)
- Retail category management