See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 09-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
As a member of Monsanto#39;s Auditing Services Department, you will have a unique opportunity to add value to Monsanto#39;s business units worldwide. Senior or Lead Financial Auditors manage and participate in financial, SOX and FCPA audits that evaluate and ensure the adequacy of internal controls, the integrity of the financial statements, and compliance with corporate and legal requirements in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
You will be responsible for communicating with site management to scope the work environment; assessing the risk exposure and strategy of the audit engagement; managing large audit teams; and reviewing and planning the audit areas. Your work will also include: making recommendations required to safeguard company assets and to optimize operational efficiencies; effectively communicating with Monsanto business people worldwide at a variety of responsibility levels; gaining commitment from site management to implement the audit recommendations; and thoroughly documenting work procedures, testing results and information collected.
The successful candidate will lead team efforts which includes scheduling and coordinating opening, update, and closing meetings; resolving conflicts; and assuring the timely completion of audits. You will also have the opportunity to participate in various special projects and initiatives. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity that provides ample business and management exposure and prepares the employee for future growth and development within the company.
The job requires up to, but no more than, 35% travel with some ex-U.S. assignments of three weeks in duration.
- BS/BA in business-related major, preferably in Accounting or Finance; MBA or MS/MA a plus
- CPA and/or CIA preferred; CMA a plus
- 5 or more years experience in industrial or public accounting and/or other finance environment with leadership responsibilities
- Previous work at Big 4 or Regional Auditing Experience preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP; Monsanto Policies, Procedures & Guidelines; and/or legal requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Strong PC skills
- Foreign language a plus (Spanish / Portuguese / Other)