See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 08-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Administration
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto Canada Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the organization as an Executive Assistant. In this role, you will provide direct administrative support to the Canada Business Lead, the Canadian Leadership Team (CLT) and the Public Affairs activities of the region. As a Executive Assistant, you will work closely with administrative staff; coordinating, planning, and assigning projects in support of operational needs. This position handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature and requires a broad working knowledge of functional and company policies and practices. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision by leveraging relationships throughout the company.
- Manage frequent communications, and meeting schedules for the Canada Business Lead and CLT
- Support corporate business practices such as procurement card tracking, processing of invoices, expense reporting, travel policies, and managing supplies
- Coordinate and plan meetings and communications for the Leadership team (includes scheduling weekly and monthly conference calls)
- Prepare edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other materials for the leadership team
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Support Public Affairs on key projects such as Grower Advisory Council, Monsanto Fund relationships; community/industry engagement, Monsanto Scholarship Program, and other corporate giving activities
- Work with internal/external stakeholders to manage Monsanto issues. Engage/dialogue with external key stakeholders in industry, farm associations and others
- Plan and execute outreach efforts to lend support to local agencies and facilitate community involvement, may work in coordination with the Monsanto Fund
- Strong collaboration with administrative support staff; coordinating, planning, and assigning project work as needed
- Review administrative operations and implement improvements where necessary
- Support projects as needed for CLT.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in a related discipline with a minimum 3-5 years of experience providing administrative/executive administrative support to multiple managers in a fast paced, complex, cross functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills are a must as the job requires interfacing with external as well as internal stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills and high level of integrity required as the successful person will be exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to interact with others at all levels, and within the administrative team to improve processes, gain efficiencies, and create a positive team environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and adapt quickly to changes in responsibilities and priorities.
- Demonstrated relationship management and networking skills to function in a highly diverse environment and work team.
- A strong spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.