See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Omaha, Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 12-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Crop Protection
Function: Supply Chain
State/Province: Nebraska [NE]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Maintenance IE Specialist
Job ID: 2365
- Maintenance Tech I position to support daily production needs and capital project activities at the Omaha agro-chemical manufacturing site.
- Hands-on experience with Allen Bradley PLC and MMI (man-machine interface) systems is required. Experience must include PLC programming and troubleshooting as well as PLC system design. Working in a Rockwell Automation environment including experience with RSLogix 5000, Control/Logix and SLC experience is desired.
- Experience and working knowledge of robotics, process automation, systems applications for data collection, and programming/debugging skills.
- Position carries a PLC focus and requires an electrical background. A Nebraska Journeyman's Electrical License is preferred.
- Carry out daily maintenance activities and assigned work orders. Document progress and results.
- Position requires some overtime work and some coverage of 2nd/3rd shift activities.
- Generate and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain and improve safety, environmental, and housekeeping standards; work within site policies & procedures.
- Effectively use safety equipment such as respirators, protective clothing, and personal protective equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 5 year maintenance experience in an industrial setting or equivalent including the required PLC background.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, capable of operating a forklift, continuous learning, applied learning, teamwork, managing work & time, safety awareness.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Nebraska Journeyman's Electrical License preferred
- Maintain Safe Work Behaviors
- Maintain Safe Work Environment
- Show initiative
- Promote Teamwork
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently depending on job assignment
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained to enable manufacture of high quality products
- Maintain training knowledge and use in everyday work
- Ability to work a rotating shift as required supporting production needs.
- Travel Requirements - minimal.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.