See More Jobs From Farm Credit
Location: - (Cedar Falls, Iowa, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Farm Credit Services of America
Open Til: 28-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance/Banking
Career Type: Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Salary: $52,260 - $118,420
Send This Job To A Friend
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President - Insurance
The Insurance Specialist will lead new sales efforts for the marketplace through individual sales and joint sales with financial officers. The position is responsible for new sales as well as renewals and servicing of policies >$25,000 premium. Insurance Specialists will be responsible for servicing a portfolio ranging in size from 60-100 policies and providing crop insurance expertise to financial officers and Insurance Account Specialists. Servicing responsibilities include the gathering and completion of APH/Acreage Reports, Gather and complete Written Agreements, Determined Yield Requests, Added Land Requests, High Risk forms, and claims on assigned portfolio for policies > $50,000 in premium.
May provide work direction to retail office – Insurance Account Specialist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Meet sales production goals established in conjunction with assigned marketplace(s) and the Vice President of Insurance for assigned marketing areas. Responsible for sales production of insurance products to customers and non-customer prospects.
2. Develop personal marketing plan and update annually. Assist marketplace(s) with marketing plan to achieve marketplace insurance goals.
3. Independently call on prospects to sell insurance policies. Serve as subject matter expert and make sales presentations at insurance sales seminars as needed. Provide product and sales expertise to marketplace staff, prospects and customers.
4. Assist with organizing and coordinating insurance programs within assigned marketing areas.
5. Provide sales support to Financial Officers and sales and servicing support to Insurance Account Specialists in the marketplace. Assist in providing training support for retail offices related to insurance programs.
6. Develop proposals for one-on-one sales calls with customers or prospects, and provide assistance with insurance sales proposals for financial officers in preparation of prospect sales calls.
7. Develop and maintain a working relationship with insurance vendor representatives to improve sales and service to retail offices and customers.
8. Serve as primary agent for the servicing of crop insurance policies > $25,000 which includes gathering acreage reports and production histories.
9. Utilize Farm Credit Services of America sales tools, techniques and technology (i.e. Relationship, AgriView, etc.) to effectively complete, track and document sales and customer activities.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Eligibility requirements for Grade Level 24 Insurance Specialist:
- The Insurance Leadership Team, by consensus, will determine annually who will qualify for the Grade Level 24 designation.
- Special projects/workgroup involvement.
- Consistent high performance evaluation ratings.
- Highly Complex and above average size of the book of business serviced directly.
- Size of the book of business in the marketplace served.
- 3 year positive trend in increasing net acres, the sale of new acres, and premium growth and a consistent top producer. (Baseline standards determined by ILT)
- Exemplary administration of insurance portfolio.
- Experience in the successful acquisition of an agency helpful.
- Projects a positive image (and exhibits leadership) in the marketplace as a representative of our agency.