See More Jobs From Farm Credit
Location: - (Alliance, Nebraska, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Farm Credit Services of America
Open Til: 28-Feb-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance/Banking
Career Type: Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Salary: $48,000 - $106,000
Send This Job To A Friend
Position Reports to: Vice President (Marketplace)
The family of Financial Officer positions is responsible for marketing all of Farm Credit Services of America’s core products to a broad range of customers as well as for building strong working relationships with customers and prospects within the marketplace. The incumbent will develop an in-depth understanding of each customer and prospect's current financial position and operational plan in order to provide innovative and workable product and service alternatives. Work in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
None. May provide work direction to Account Specialists, Closing Specialists and Customer Service Coordinators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
All Levels – (unless otherwise specified)
1. Develop and implement business plans that will increase the Association’s market share in the assigned customer segment. Conduct sales calls to influencers, prospects and customers; routinely update and maintain prospect/customer marketing and call planning information on customer contact software. Develop prospect and influencer lists and marketing plans. Cross sell loan and insurance products.
2. Design innovative credit packages to meet customer and prospect needs. This includes establishing and maintaining sound credit and loan administration, loan pricing, and establishing appropriate loan terms and conditions for the purpose of managing credit risk.
3. Gather and input an appropriate amount of financial information to support the credit decision process for loans meeting defined risk parameters; or gather the appropriate financial data, prepare and send loan package to Credit Analysts for credit analysis and consensus decision. Price loans and communicate loan decision to customer. With Credit Analysts, jointly monitor the loan performance on an assigned portfolio to include loan conditions/covenants and customer service plans.
4. Document chattel collateral and coordinate involvement of additional resources to meet needs of customer; e.g., appraisers, insurance specialists, etc.
5. Responsible for new sales and renewals of crop and crop hail insurance.
6. Develop and maintain a significant "professional presence" throughout the local business community, generally contributing to the Farm Credit Services of America image as the leading ag financial institution.
7. Level 19D: Serve as primary Financial Officer to existing customers. This officer has limited business development responsibility and is flexible as to their location of work. Primary business development activities are directed towards smaller, less complex traditional and agri-consumer segments. Small GFI’s. This grade level is typically an entry level position with the primary focus being a development and learning period. Key focus on understanding of our Company processes, initiating underwriting and selling skills and building the foundation for a successful Financial Officer career.
Levels 21D through 23E: See Job Specifications Section
Must effectively perform duties as outlined above and carry a portfolio as defined to be eligible for applicable grade level of job.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.