See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Los Angeles, California, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 14-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Syngenta Business Service (SBS)
Function: Information Systems
City: Los Angeles
State/Province: California [CA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: RDIS Business Analyst (Beijing, China)
Job ID: 2318
*This position is located in Beijing, China
- Provide analytical skills for IS projects within RDIS, including requirements analysis, business process analysis, acceptance criteria and related disciplines
- Lead a group of business process analysts in significant projects e.g. as a stream lead
- Provide expertise in effective communication to project stakeholders, e.g. by leading the communication stream of a project
- Support Product/Operations Managers in Change Management processes, participate in Governance Bodies of products
- Support Business Relationship Managers in articulating IS demand arising in the R&D business
- Manage good governance of key IS assets providing support for R&D business processes
- Develop business value delivery strategies to ensure the proper utilisation of IS assets within the business
- Understand RDIS' suite of applications offerings and work with Global Products/Operations team to provide escalation services.
- Provide training to ensure clients adoption of RDIS applications offerings.
- Source interim applications solutions to support R&D business wherever RDIS solutions are not available as yet and actively work towards standard solutions and services.
- Provide resource and expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, stakeholder management and business process design and re-engineering for specific projects led by the Portfolio & Projects unit.
- Own deliverables such as business process maps, requirements documentation and user acceptance specifications.
- Provide resource and expertise in communication, engagement and stakeholder management.
- Understand R&D processes and needs and source appropriate applications solutions.
- Support the BRM / Product Manager in countries / regions by
o Helping with strategic initiatives such as landscapes, roadmaps, and business process models.
o Capturing local demand and feed it into the portfolio discussions
o Participating in 'Operational Boards' as required
o providing a local liaison point into the business during the completion of the design and as a point of continuity through the build, test and roll-out phases of projects.
- Provide training resource to ensure adoption and proper usage of RDIS applications.
- Provide resource to work with Operations/Products teams to improve serviceability of RDIS applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of business analysis methodologies and associated best practises.
- Good understanding of R&D strategy and Syngenta's strategic initiatives
- Good grasp of the culture and working practices of R&D in either crop protection or seeds.
- University degree in science (chemistry, biology, agronomy or related)
- At least 2 years experience in working within or close to R&D within Syngenta or other life science organisations.
- At least 2 years experience in working on information systems and/or information management processes or support associated with a commercial organisation.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Strong personal presence and ability to influence
- Strong networking skills across cultures
- Good communication skills and capabilities
- Ability to challenge requests for new solutions to ensure investments are made in the right areas to drive strategic growth
Apply procedures, tools and methods
-Understands Syngenta's selected methodology and principles
-Applies procedures and tools consistently but also responds quickly and effectively to changes in procedure and tools
-Defines appropriate processes to address the needs of IS and the business
-Is capable of pushing new procedures forward
Know the Business
-Understands business drivers and business practices by constituency and operational profile
-Has a clear understanding of Syngenta's strategy and is able to relate it to business processes
-Supports business practices and approaches
-Understands competitive situation - both business and IT - and how external conditions are affecting the organization
-Is able to identify critical stakeholders in decision making process
-Identifies and is able to overcome cultural and organizational constraints
-Understands the powers and influences in decision making
-Understands the perspectives of different functional areas in the organization
-Communicates in a crisp, clear and articulate manner both in written and oral form and is able to tailor messages to the respective audience
-Knows where and how to communicate and finds meaningful information and context
-Actively listens to people with different perspectives, opinions and styles
-Disseminates information about decisions, plans and actions clearly and concisely
-Develops plans that balance long-term goals with near-term activities
-Successfully integrates strategic and tactical planning
-Weighs the strategy of relevant business functions when developing plans
-Frames today's decisions in terms of impact and cost for tomorrow
Focuses energy on must-wins
-Creates passion and excitement
-Makes tough decisions
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Support Business Relationship Managers by establishing local relationships within Syngenta to increase knowledge of the business, maintain appropriate governance and understand wants and needs to provide effective challenge
- Work with Business Relationship Managers to ensure local/regional demand is understood and corresponding needs are appropriately reflected in the portfolio.