See More Jobs From Viterra
Location: - (Melfort, Saskatchewan, Prairies Canada, Canada)
Open Til: 15-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Maintenance
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 7
Send This Job To A Friend
Viterra Inc. provides premium quality ingredients to leading global food manufacturers. Headquartered in Canada, the global agribusiness has extensive operations across Western Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with Adelaide, Australia as the base for Viterra's Southeast Asian operations. Our growing international presence also extends to operations in the United States, offices in Japan, Singapore, China and Switzerland. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, we operate in three distinct businesses: grain handling and marketing, agri-products, and value-added processing. Our expertise, close relationships with producers, and superior logistical assets allow the company to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning end-use customers, helping to fulfill the nutritional needs of people around the world.
Accountable for the management of electrical maintenance within an assigned region and on a contract basis for other divisions and associated companies. This includes project/program development and evaluation, planning, project management, maintenance and technical support.
- Consults regularly with Country Operations and other internal and external resources to evaluate, develop and implement long and short-term strategies, programs and services to continually provide improved service delivery, ensuring alignment with grain and ag product divisional strategies.
- Accountable for evaluating, developing and managing regional electrical maintenance operating and capital budgets and participates in strategic and directional planning processes.
- Implements and supports proactive health, safety, environmental and security programs and the functional guidance of the Occupation, Health & Safety and Environment department.
- Develops and submits regular and ad hoc reports to the manager outlining work unit achievements, challenges and opportunities, congruent with business unit, divisional and corporate administrative procedures.
- In conjunction with the Country management team, participates in the planning, development and ongoing management of capital projects.
- Manages quality assurance programs for all regional projects/activities, ensuring that all work complies with applicable quality regulations, codes, divisional standards and customer requirements.
- Responsible to promote the Corporate Values, Mission, and Vision statements within the region.
- Identifies, implements and communicates management and operational "best practices" to colleagues within the region, division and inter-divisional partners/customers.
- Negotiates, manages and evaluates the services of contracted maintenance resources.
- Performs other duties as required.
Grade XII supplemented by journeyed status in electrical or industrial mechanics, and courses in management, administration and supervision, plus eight (8) years progressively responsible experience in Agri-Business facility maintenance and/or construction, including bulk material handling systems, five (5) years of which have been in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Demonstrated experience in reading building plans and specifications, and developing and effectively managing contracts with external service providers. Experience in facility construction and maintenance (predictive and preventative) methods, practices and standards.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE VITERRA CORPORATE CAREER SITE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME.