See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Greensboro, North Carolina, South United States, USA)
Open Til: 15-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Crop Protection
Function: Supply Chain
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: NA Indirect Procurement Lead
Job ID: 2218
- To lead an indirect regional purchasing team which achieves the highest level of contribution to profit, growth, and competitive advantage by demonstrable best in class purchasing performance and by leveraging Syngenta's global scale and skills. Influence all businesses within NAFTA: Seeds, Lawn & Garden and Crop Protection.
- Working with the Direct Lead build a regional purchasing team, through the use of best practice, to substantially reduce external spend.
- To contribute to the identification of global strategies and lead regional strategy development and processes for implementation.
- Ensure a strong alignment to global function and business direction while introducing measured risk taking to achieve targets.
- To establish and deliver against agreed KPIs to measure effectiveness in the delivery, quality and total cost of acquisition for indirects.
- To develop, coach and motivate regional indirect purchasing staff of 20 as effective members of the regional supply organisation.
- Ensure that proactive support is given by team members to regionally based businesses; influence $1Bn in indirect spend across all businesses.
- To identify and implement processes including e-commerce which drive best practice whilst minimising resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A general knowledge of the chemical and allied industries
- A sound understanding of financial/economic drivers and principles
- Expert knowledge of indirect procurement
- Teambuilding, networking and influencing with a global reach
- Commercial negotiation at all levels
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Negotiating skills
- Risk taking in a managed environment
- Able to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrates confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Has a record for developing talent and successful teams
- Contributes positively to the values and culture of the Business
- Performance orientation: Ensures plans with resources, milestones and measures; pursues stretching target operations beyond those set
- Customer Orientation: Reputation for consistent customer focus; builds up networks with customers and stakeholders
- Change orientation: Innovative and new solutions to existing problems; positive attitude to change and progress
- Leadership: Sets clear, high, achievable standards and goals; provides coaching support to make team successful
- Organization effectiveness: Seeks and shares best practice; develops synergies; communicates effectively with key stakeholders
- Strategic ability: Thinks outside the box; finds novel solutions; innovative strategies with high success potential
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Contribute to the development of the global procurement strategy through participation on the Global Procurement Leadership Team
- Manage regional indirect purchasing organization and resource it with best possible talent
- Develop and agree KPIs for all staff in line with supply chain and global purchasing targets
- Working in tandem with the Direct Procurement Lead, establish an organization based on continuous improvement, SRM principles and building solid foundation with our internal clients for future target achievement
- Continue to monitor performance against KPIs and coach staff on achieving agreed objectives
- Develop the regional organization contribution to ensure improving performance in the indirect purchasing area
- Must work in partnership with the Direct Procurement Lead
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally by car or plane
- Ability to walk fields in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier and computer
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 65%of work performed in standard office
- 35% of work performed in field locations or meetings
- Must have a valid driver's license
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.