See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Minnetonka, Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 15-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Corn & Soya
State/Province: Minnesota [MN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Technical Trait Lead Agrisure Traits
Job ID: 2503
- Drives the development of technical product strategy for Syngenta traits and related technologies which could include:
o Insect Control and Integrated Pest Management
o Weed Control and Herbicide Tolerance
o Abiotic Stress
- Provide overall project leadership and business model ownership for the launch of one or more pre-commercial or commercial technology products from regulatory submission through to commercialization.
- Responsible for performing and/or coordinating all technical activities associated with the successful commercialization of a new technology product.
- Represent activities within global launch teams.
- Develop trial plans to support commercialization, and ensure that they are properly executed.
- Ensure all product strategies, business cases, positioning, claims, labels, and communications are supported by sound science.
- Ensure the completion of a market and trade assessment to identify key importing country activities and also the development of appropriate regulatory and commercialization plans which meet the requirements of these key markets.
- Provide technical guidance and determine options for post patent strategies.
- Look for ways to interact with other technologies and provide complete customer solutions.
- Development of compelling business cases, and models to support product launches and profitable sales volumes.
- Successfully executed technical launch plans which properly align with the commercial campaigns locally and internationally when relevant.
- Comprehensive technical education and training of key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Compelling technology and product launches that meet or exceed customer demand in the appropriate market spaces
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in agriculture, business development or technical projects.
- MBA or PhD in Agriculture or related sciences preferred.
- Minimum of a B.S degree in Agronomy, Agribusiness, or Marketing or relevant discipline, with 5+ years of experience in the seed industry.
- Sales and/or agronomy experience is highly desirable.
- Keen understanding of agriculture, marketplace, competitive environment and customer needs.
- Broad knowledge of the product development process, regulatory requirements, seed production and crop protection.
- Record of successful management of people and projects.
- Ability to work in a large global organization (cross functional, cross-sites) as well as in both technical and creative environments.
- Sophisticated data gathering and analysis for interpretation for decision making.
- Successfully influence colleagues across functional boundaries, work well in a team, and communicate effectively.
- Experience with resource planning and budget management.
- Strong Information Technology skills, as well as attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Travel requirements: Approximately 20%
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.