See More Jobs From Syngenta
Location: - (Minnetonka, Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 15-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Division: Corn & Soya
State/Province: Minnesota [MN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Brand and Product Manager for Agrisure Corn Traits
Job ID: 2504
- Drive the implementation of product strategy for newly developed Syngenta traits and related technologies.
- Accelerate effective product technology launches and delivery of technology brand promise to our valued customers and potential target growers.
- Accountable for advertising and promotions campaign to develop and maintain strong trait brands.
- Accountable for assembling the 4P’s of the trait marketing mix.
- Participate corn crop strategy team covering seeds, traits, CP, seed care and related technologies for the Crop Plan and campaign cycle.
- Acts as a key Syngenta representative at internal and external customer functions.
- Technology spokesman for media and other key influencers.
- Effective execution of short and long term strategy for our Technology Assets.
- Shaping market environment through implementation of brand plan and positioning strategy.
- Delivery of effective and efficient advertising and promotional plan.
- Development and stewardship of intellectual property specific to trademarks and service marks.
- Participation and interaction in marketplace communities such as trade associations, digital media, influencers to identify trends and emerging technology pertinent to our value propositions.
- Responsible for training content and its handoff to appropriate internal or external audience.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a B.S degree in Agronomy, Agribusiness, or Marketing or relevant discipline, with 5+ years of experience in the seed industry. Sales and/or agronomy experience is highly desirable.
- Keen understanding of agriculture, marketplace, competitive environment and customer needs.
- Understanding of key market dynamics and agronomic factors in field crops, especially corn and soybeans.
- Knowledge of marketing principles – 4 Ps, financial analysis, and communications.
- Broad knowledge of branding, promotion, issues management, training sales groups.
- Record of successful management of people, processes, sales area and/or projects.
- Ability to work in a large global organization (cross functional, cross-sites) as well as in both technical and creative environments.
- Ability to think and act creatively and strategically.
- Successfully influence colleagues across functional boundaries, work well in a team, and communicate effectively.
- Experience with resource planning and budget management.
- Exceptional communication skills, as well as attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Creates passion and excitement
- Travel requirements: Approximately 20%
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.