See More Jobs From Wilbur-Ellis Company
Location: - (Portland, Oregon, West United States, USA)
Company: Wilbur-Ellis Company
Open Til: 18-Mar-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Feed
Career Type: Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 2
Send This Job To A Friend
Financial Analyst – Portland, Oregon
Company:Wilbur Ellis Company – Feed Division
Career Type: Finance
Job Type:Full Time
Minimum Years Experience: 2+
Incorporated in 1921, Wilbur-Ellis Company has grown to become a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural and industrial products with sales of $2.8 billion in 2011. The Company remains privately held, with ownership concentrated primarily within the founding family. The Feed Division of Wilbur-Ellis Company is one of three divisions within the company with annual sales of $500 million with processing, storage and marketing locations in the western and central regions of the United States and Canada, as well as New Zealand. In addition to experiencing a 5 year trend of strong growth, the Feed Division is also actively expanding exports of livestock feed to Asia.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Division is looking to add a financial analyst to work at our office, located in Portland, OR. This position reports to the Division Analyst and will require an individual capable of “seeing the big picture” and willing to get involved in the details. The responsibilities are expected to be varied and will require significant interaction all levels of management within the division. In addition, this position will require strong financial accounting skills, specifically as it relates to foreign exchange accounting. The Division uses JD Edwards for their ERP system along with two other reporting tools, Microstrategy Business Intelligence and Insight. The primary requirement will be to leverage the systems and reporting capabilities in order to meet the management reporting and information requirements.
This position is ideally suited for an individual wishing to broaden their responsibilities and be challenged in their role as financial analyst by leveraging their knowledge of accounting mechanics to provide insight to management.
- Understand and utilize standardized business performance metrics by which the business is measured.
- Regular preparation of a financial analysis package for distribution to management which tracks the performance metrics.
- Contribute toward due diligence efforts with respect to acquisition targets utilizing basic audit standards.
- Assist the Division Analyst with managing and successfully meeting the demands and deadlines with the preparation of the annual budget, mid-year update, and rolling forecast cycles.
- Identify cost savings, revenue enhancing and working capital reduction opportunities as part of interpreting monthly performance metrics.
- Function as a key support to the Division Analyst. This involves a thorough understanding of the related reporting tools.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business operations and a good working relationship with various sales, operations and accounting personnel throughout the company to obtain and analyze data.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint skills are required. JDE, Insight, and Microstrategy Business Intelligence experience are significant pluses.
- Core understanding of financial statement architecture and mechanics.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and communication skills are essential.
- Previous experience in a financial analytics role is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
This position offers an attractive benefits package. To apply, please click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. Please note you will be re-directed to the employer's site to complete your application.