See More Jobs From CHS Inc.
Location: - (Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: CHS Inc.
Open Til: 17-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: IT
Career Type: Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 10
Send This Job To A Friend
CHS is seeking a Business Systems Analyst Lead to join our growing IT Department. You will support our Corporate Shared Services Division with our Information Technology group. You will focus on the Refined Fuels business unit within CHS including but not limited to major functional areas of Sales, Supply (including Inventory Management, Forecasting, and Procurement), Operations, Pricing, Marketing and Financials. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be detail oriented, able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Analyze and translate business requirements into detailed function specifications and if necessary, for managing requests for changes to the specifications
- Assist the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how these automated functions are integrated into the rest of the business and technical processes
- Design, test, document, implement, and support of business applications and projects related
- Instruct, direct, and check the work of other systems analysis and programming personnel
- Acts as a team leader for projects and enhancements with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration
- Strive to reduce the effort required to support applications and manage the enhancement projects for assigned applications
- Maintain an understanding of the client's business practices, industry issues, trends and present technical solutions that enhance the value of our customers’ products and services
- Develop appropriate documentation as needed based on CHS IT Methodology
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Guide customers through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost / benefit analysis and risk / impact analysis
- Minimize application support load by refining error management and moving initial triage to the Service Center
- Ensure all project and enhancements undergo acceptable Quality Assurance and User Acceptance procedures before implementation
- Research new technology and explore how it can be applied to our business processes, develop new project ideas that leverage incumbent’s in-depth industry knowledge and apply how our competitors are using technology
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- BS or BA degree in Management Information Systems, Business Management
- Minimum of 10 years analyzing ERP solutions utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise One software
- Experience with Case tools, MS SQL Server, Visual Basic, and MS Project desired.
- On call support after business hours as needed
Preferred Qualifications (desired)
- Experience with petrochemical
- Project Management experience or PMP/PMI certification
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
To apply, please click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. Please note you will be re-directed to the employer's site to complete your application.