See More Jobs From CHS Inc.
Location: - (Moses Lake, Washington, West United States, USA)
Open Til: 17-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5
Salary: Salary plus incentive
Send This Job To A Friend
CHS / Sun Basin Growers has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for an Agronomy Location Manager to plan and direct the marketing of the location’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort.
- Manage a full service Agronomy operation, including dry and liquid fertilizer, seed, seed treatment, crop protection products and custom application.
- Establish strategic marketing plans to achieve company objectives for Agronomy products & services.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Develop and manage agronomy location operating budget.
- Evaluate and recommend distribution channel development programs.
- Work with Agronomy Division Manager to negotiate contract terms & conditions for all product and major services.
- Oversee development and production of promotional and collateral materials.
- Work with General Manager and Agronomy Division Manager in product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio & market share in relation to preset standards & industry & economic trends.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
- Ongoing communication with General Manager, Location Managers, and Agronomy Division Manager to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current & new product concepts; provide feedback for future product development.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to senior management.
- Establish & maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Work with Agronomy Division manager and other key positions on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Agronomy division.
- 4 year degree in Agronomy, Ag Econ, Ag Business, Ag Ed, Ag engineering, Soil or Weed Science. (6-10 years related job experience may substitute for education)
- 5 years industry experience.
- Experience in Agronomy Operations and/or Agronomy Sales
- Supervisory experience
- Familiar with AGRIS accounting system
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
To apply, please click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. Please note you will be re-directed to the employer's site to complete your application.